Best Live Casino Sites in Ireland
If you think that the excitement and drama are missing from online casino games then prepare to be proven wrong. Here we will be exploring popular live casino games in Ireland and explain how they create a more authentic gambling experience. Continue reading to find out which Irish live online casinos are the best, how they work, and why they are such a big hit.
Top Live Dealer Casinos in Ireland
How Live Casinos Work?
Let’s give a short explanation of live casino sites in case you are reading about them for the first time. These are just like regular gambling operators but they also host games with live casino dealers. You use streaming technology to interact with real people who are in a remote location. So everything happens in real-time, and multiple players can be at the same table. Just like on other streaming platforms you can use chat to talk with other players or with the dealer.
In other words, this is a more social experience and it feels more realistic. You get to feel like you are at an actual blackjack, baccarat or roulette table. Even if they rely on an actual person to run them, these games are available 24/7.
History of Live Casinos in Ireland
Live dealer games started to take off in the mid-2000s, but they became way more accessible from 2010 onwards. As more studios opened up and as the quality of internet connection improved so did these games. Ireland officially legalized online casinos in 2015 and there are even Irish studios that stream this content.
Why Players Find Live Casino in Ireland so Appealing?
There are several reasons why live dealer casino sites are so popular in Ireland
- Authentic gameplay that is more fun
- Ability to socialize with other players
- Casual-friendly games – In addition to complex table games, this section features live shows like lotteries that many players love
- Card counting (blackjack players only) – It’s easier to count cards and improve your odds in blackjack if you play the live dealer version.
How to Play at Live Casino Online
Due to the real-time nature of this form of entertainment, there is no demo mode, so you can watch some videos to see how it looks. Once you decide to try some of these games, then all you need to do is follow a few easy steps.
- Choose a Reputable Casino: Pick any operator that is included on our list, or use our review criteria to find a reportable gambling site on your own. This guarantees safety and fairness.
- Check Payment Methods: In addition to license check the available banking options. Make sure the operator supports the payment methods you prefer to use when transacting online. Pay special attention to available methods for withdrawal, as they aren’t always the same as the ones available for deposits.
- Keep your Account Setup: Once you create an account it’s possible to start playing immediately. However, you will have to go through a verification process before you can cash out your winnings. So, feel free to complete that step as well to avoid unnecessary delays.
Live Casino Games Online Software Providers
Online live casinos rely on various game studios to boost the quality of user experience and expand their gaming repertoire. Operators in Ireland that we recommend cooperate with A-list software providers. These are companies certified by eCogra and have received multiple awards for their gaming achievements.
- Playtech: One of the largest game providers that has been around since 1999. They are praised for their mini-arcades, poker and bingo software. Their subsidiary Quickspin is also a famous slots provider.
- Pragmatic Play: Another popular provider of slots, table games, bingo and live casino. Pragmatic Play has been certified in more than 20 jurisdictions and they are also famous as a sportsbook and virtual sports provider.
- NetEnt: Premium gaming distributor that collaborates with all of the top iGaming brands. A lot of the famous slots themed after the popular IPs come from NetEnt. They are also a subsidiary of one of the biggest live casino distributors Evolution Gaming.
- Evolution Gaming: Big corporation with HQ in Sweden that owns multiple gaming companies. It also has a diverse selection of Roulette, blackjack, craps, poker, and baccarat games and dozens of game shows with real dealers.
Popular Live Dealer Casino Games
If you are looking for a real-casino experience then you should definitely try some of the most popular games in this category. All of the sites we review will include variations of roulette, baccarat, blackjack, poker and even some other table games. So, here’s a short overview of what to expect.
Live Online Roulette
Roulette is a classic gambling activity that’s been around for centuries. You can expect to find 3 main variations European, American and French, as well as some other versions with a unique twist. So, before you decide which one you wish to play look up the differences in rules.
An incredibly popular game, especially among professional gamblers. Blackjack is unique as it allows skilled players to improve their odds, and that’s easier to achieve if there are more people at the table. Once again there are multiple variations of blackjack, so look up the important rules before playing.
Baccarat became an instant hit in land-based gaming resorts. It’s one of the games that has the lowest house edge. Additionally, the strategies are easy to remember and they all work as intended. So memorize what you need to do and give it a try.
Live Sic Bo
Sic Bo is one of the most praised dice games that comes from China. Sic Bo has an array of different bets that you can place, but the majority of the player base only bets on either High or Low (Big or Small). So if you want to test your luck queue up for Sic Bo and make some daring bets.
Live Dealer Poker
Anyone who loves poker but finds it overwhelming to play against others should try this version. Here just like in video poker, it’s just you against the dealer. You don’t have to second guess yourself every step of the way, if you have a better hand you win and that’s all.
Live Casino Deposit and Withdrawal Methods
Reputable operators are pretty flexible when it comes to digital payments. They can accept payment instantly from the following banking options:
There aren’t any additional fees for making deposits, but you should read the general terms and conditions to learn about minimum deposits. The minimum deposit is usually between 10 and 20 Euros.
The same applies to withdrawals. Typically, all of the mentioned banking options are available for cash-out purposes. You’ll need to have funds that are eligible for withdrawal and those funds must exceed the operator’s minimum withdrawal policy. Finally, withdrawal requests need to be approved, so they aren’t processed instantly. You might have to wait a few hours or a few days depending on the site you’ve chosen.
Mobile Live Casino
The beauty of digital gambling is that it’s compatible with mobile devices. Anyone can play these games regardless of their location, so long as they have access to the internet. The live casino section definitely looks better on a bigger screen, however, the interface is designed to fully accommodate mobile play. If you want to know who offers the best mobile experience, then you browse through our website and find the corresponding review section.
Our Rating Criteria for Live Online Casinos
Our goal is to point you in the right direction and make sure you pick a safe live casino. We also want players to have fun and get more value for their money. This is why we have strict rating criteria. Here’s the overview of all the things we check before including operators in our lists.
Compliance with Irish Gambling Laws
The only legal casinos in Ireland are those that are licensed. All of the operators that we recommend are regulated by one or more gambling commissions that are recognized in the EU
- MGA (Malta)
- UKGC (The United Kingdom)
- SGA (Sweden)
- KGC (Kahnawake)
- GRA (Gibraltar)
The information is usually displayed in the footer of the homepage. So it’s easy to verify the license number and whether the license is still active.
Data Security on a Live Casino Ireland
Online casinos require players to share sensitive information in order to verify their accounts. To keep that information safe they need to use modern encryption tech. We make sure that recommended sites all have HTTPS protocol or 128-bit SSL encryption.
Live Casino Games Mobile Compatibility and UI
The majority of gambling fans in Ireland use their phones to access this content. To that end, we also test all of these sites on Android and iPhone devices. Additionally, we play live casino games to see if they all work smoothly on mobile.
Live Dealer Casino Bonus Offers
Losing real money can be frustrating, which is why playing with bonus funds is more fun. We always browse the promotions page to see if there are live dealer casino bonus offers. We always list those offers in our reviews and explain their terms.
We understand our experience can be drastically different from the experiences of our fellow gamblers. To ensure we are as objective as possible in our reviews, we visit other user forums to see how other players feel about the online casinos that are on our lists.
Online Casino Support Team Responsiveness
When players know they can easily get in touch with customer support they feel at ease. You’ll be happy to hear that almost all operators we review have a live chat feature. What’s more, you only have to wait for several minutes before you get to talk with the real support agent.
Payment Options for Deposit and Withdrawal
All of the commonly used payment methods in Ireland are supported by the recommended gambling sites. This means you can use PayPal, Skrill, PaySafeCard, Visa, Mastercard, and similar payment methods for deposits and withdrawals.
Comparing Live Casino to Traditional Online Casinos
Even if the goal of these games is to emulate the real casino experience there are certain aspects that aren’t just there. However, there are also some advantages that online play brings which is why many players prefer this version.
|Live Casinos||Traditional Casinos|
|They are accessible instantly via phone or PC. You don’t have to spend money on gas or spend time putting on fancy attire||Here you’ll find a better atmosphere, and get royal treatment|
|Players can socialize and there isn’t even a need to turn the camera on||You get to mingle with the crowd and socialize face to face|
|No deposit promos allow users to play for free||It’s a more expensive option, but there are bonuses and loyalty programs too|
Benefits and Advantages of Live Casino
In essence, there are 3 major advantages that this form of entertainment brings to the table. So even if you are a fan of traditional gambling establishments, there is still value in opting for the internet version.
There is a real-time interaction between players and the dealer. This is what makes the whole experience more immersive and memorable. You all get to share victory or defeat so winning feels even better, and losses don’t hurt as much.
You’ll never get bored as there are so many gaming options that are just a few clicks away. Turns out that tweaking a few rules can have a significant impact on the whole game dynamic. This is what different variations of table games are all about.
The ability to play on mobile, use instant payments, and take advantage of the bonuses makes everything more convenient. You can easily have multiple play sessions a day that are around 20 minutes long.
Free Live Casino Games – How is That Possible?
Because more players are present at the virtual table, it’s not possible to play for free. However, if you take advantage of promotions you can gamble using bonus funds. As mentioned, the wagering requirements prevent you from instant turning those funds into withdrawable cash, so operators aren’t losing money.
Player Safety and Responsible Gambling
All of the licensed operators take gambling addiction seriously, and they are strong proponents of responsible gaming. They collaborate with institutions like the Responsible Gambling Council and provide players with safety tools that can help them manage bad spending habits.
- Spending limit
- Reality check
Always remember to play just for fun, and use the available tools to help you manage your spending. Limit how much time you spend on these sites, and if you don’t think it’s good for you apply for self-exclusion.
Anyone who enjoys table games should try live casinos online. They bring about massive improvements and even certain advantages depending on the game you play. Just remember to pick sites that are regulated and use certified software providers. We update our lists regularly, so tune in every now and then to see if the rankings have changed.
- Is Live Casino Legal in Ireland?
- Yes, it is, but you should always do a background check to see if the operator is compliant with Irish laws and regulations.
- Why Should I Try Live Casino Games?
- If you don’t like to play on your own, and you prefer to play table games then online live casinos are a definite improvement.
- Is it Possible to Play Live Casino on Mobile Devices?
- It is and it works smoothly. However, playing on a bigger screen gives you a better overview of what’s happening at the table.
- How to Find Live Casino Games with Low or High Stakes?
- Read the game description and rules before you decide to join. Opt for roulette, sic bo, or craps if you want more flexibility. Here it’s possible to make both low and high-stakes bets.
- How Do I Know If a Live Casino is Fair?
- It’s easy to find out who is the game provider. You can look up that company and see if it is audited and certified for fairness.
- What’s the House Edge and RTP for Live Dealer Games?
- It varies depending on the game you choose. Some variations have rule changes that slightly increase or decrease the house edge and RTP. The providers need to be transparent about the RTP so you can easily look it up.
- How Does the Live Dealer Chat Function?
- It functions just like the live chats on streaming sites. All of the users at the same table can type messages and see what other players are typing.
- Is it Possible to Win Real Money Playing Live Dealer Online Casino Games?
- Yes, it is. In live dealer games, you also need to bet real money in order to win.