European Online Casinos Available To Irish Players
Europe’s online casinos operate under various governing bodies. Licensed online casinos in Europe come in huge numbers these days, and they are increasingly popular with players. Since this has been legalized in many countries at this point, more and more gamblers enjoy the perks of gambling virtually across their borders. This includes gamblers from Ireland who can legally enjoy the many bonuses and other benefits offered in some of the top-rated offshore European casinos.
If you’ve been wondering which is the best EU casino for you to play at, you’re in the right place. We are in continuous search for the best-rated, most generous sites. In this review, you’ll learn all there is to know about the top offshore, European sites.
European Online Casinos (EU Casino)
Best Online Casinos
Are European Online Casinos Popular with Players?
Online gambling has been popular since the start. In the past, this was not legalized in many countries. It was certainly not as regulated or safe as it is today. However, today, gambling is one of the favorite pastimes of millions of people worldwide, many of which gamble and reside in Europe.
Depending on where in Europe you are based, you can enjoy amazing online gambling without or with little restrictions. The large, reputable casinos offer over thousands of different games and are spoiling their players with bonuses they could never find in land-based casinos.
These days, you can pick between thousands of online slots, many table and card game variants, play video poker, scratch some cards, bet on the lottery or play Bingo, and even gamble with live dealers for a really immersive experience. This is secured with SSL encryption and checked frequently by licensing and regulatory bodies.
All of this makes the experience very safe and highly attractive to players. The number of gamblers in Europe grows on a regular basis, just as the number of casinos increases every year. This is especially the case now after the quarantines due to the pandemic, when people were only able to play from their homes and got familiar with how this works.
Seeing how online gambling is very accessible and comes with tons of other perks, it is no surprise that many players kept picking online casinos even after the quarantine ended. We can only predict these numbers to grow, which brings us to the main question – how do you pick a great casino to play at.
This is what this article is all about. But, before we jump at the best casino sites, let’s see how legal this is across Europe and in Ireland.
European Online Gambling Sites and the Legal System
There isn’t a single governing body for casinos operating in Europe. Every country is responsible for its own legislation as long as this complies with the freedoms under the Treaty on the Functioning of the EU. The majority of countries in Europe allow for at least some forms of online gambling.
Seeing how Brexit is in the works right now, Irish gamblers can currently play on most European sites, but they are also looking to create their own authority for checking gambling sites.
To make sure that a website is safe, you should not only learn about its license on the official site, but also check the number on the authority’s official website. Here are the most reputable licenses of casinos in the EU:
- United Kingdom Gambling Commission. This regulatory body monitors every casino that operates within the United Kingdom, as well as licenses some offshore casinos. Sites that hold their license make all the T&C of bonuses visible, are not allowed to have misleading advertisements, and cannot use childish images to promote gambling activities.
- Alderney Gambling Control Commission. This is a very reputable regulatory body that continuously monitors casinos to make sure that they are safe and fair to play on. The authority allows gamblers to self-exclude from the casinos that have the license, too.
- The Malta Gaming Authority. MGA is used by many of the casinos that cater to the needs of European gamblers. It’s one of the harshest authorities that promotes a more responsible gambling environment. They require that casinos follow the strict money laundering rules, are transparent about their offers, and implement measures for responsible gambling.
The majority of casinos that operate legally in Europe and belong in the top-rated lists are licensed by the two strictest known authorities: the UK Gambling Commission and the Malta Gaming Authority. Now with the changes due to Brexit, the UKGC is the most widely accepted licensing body in Europe. Other popular bodies are the Swedish Gambling Authority, Italian Gambling Authority, and the Spanish Gambling Authority.
Our Method of Choosing the Best Casinos Abroad
- Confirming the Licensing and Security
- If you decide to be gambling in a European casino, the first thing to check is whether or not the website has a proper license. We always do this to determine if a casino is fair. We also check if they use SSL encryption to keep your data protected.
- Checking Banking Methods
- You should be able to gamble with the method you prefer, so our top-rated casinos are the ones that give you many options. These include cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, prepaid cards, pay-by-phone, and more.
- Testing the Variety and Quality of Games
- When we review casinos, we’ll check their gaming options, as well as the quality offered. We look at not only the number or types of games, but also search for reputable software providers like Playtech, Microgaming, Evolution gaming, etc.
- Checking Bonuses
- The best European casinos for you will have attractive bonuses when you sign up and if you decide to keep playing. Their bonuses need to have reasonable terms and be numerous.
- Testing the Support Service
- Finally, we’ll test the support service of the casino to determine if the site is secure and takes good care of its players. You should be able to find an agent at any moment.
Top Choices of Games in the European Online Casinos
Blackjack is often played in European casinos. It has a compelling gameplay and comes in many variants these days. Not only can you find its traditional versions, but you can also play it live at some of the top-rated casinos in Europe.
The majority of online gamblers these days play slots, which is why these come in the biggest number. Today, you’ll be spoilt with choice when it comes to different slot machines. You can choose between classic slots, video slots, 3D slots, slots with different paylines, jackpot slots, etc.
Roulette has always been a signature game at casinos. There are many variants available today starting with French and American and going to more modern games like Lighting Roulette. You can play these live on some sites, too.
Baccarat started as a simple game in the beginning and it is now one of the most available, most played choices in European casinos. You can find it in many variants and on all of our top-rated websites.
If you are more of a dice player, you’ll be happy to hear that many of the EU websites have dice games such as Sic Bo and Craps to offer to their players.
Did you know that in Europe, you can buy scratch cards at online casinos? Not all sites offer these, but Irish gamblers can definitely find some European sites that sell them. This gives you plenty of choices that might not be available in your country, and therefore plenty unique chances to test your luck.
Best Bonuses in European Casinos Today
European casinos have some of the best bonuses you can find these days. They come in different sizes and there are many types you’ll come across. Some of the best offers you can find in online casinos in EU include:
- Match bonuses. You’ll find that, in most cases, these are welcome promotions in European casinos. In other words, the casino matches your deposit amount by a certain percentage i.e. 100%, 200%, 300% or more.
- Free spins. Free spins are the most frequent kind of bonus you can find. These are welcome bonuses on some sites, come in combination with match promotions on others, are given to you weekly or daily, as part of the VIP program, etc. Basically, you get free spins on selected slot machines i.e. don’t have to deposit to spin the reels.
- No deposit bonuses. No deposit promotions do not require you to make any kind of deposit. These are mostly welcome promotions and, even though they are smaller in size, they come without any financial risk.
- Reload bonuses. If you frequently play on a site and meet their T&C, you can claim a reload bonus on selected days. For example, you might get a Friday reload if you spent $50 Monday through Thursday.
Best Casino Bonuses
Most Chosen Banking Methods for Gambling Online in EU Casinos
To gamble with real money online, you’ll need to deposit your cash. You’ll also need to use some method to withdraw any potential winnings. Compared to before when gamblers we only able to use wire transfers or cards, European casinos today have many options for you. The most popular of them are:
- Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards, followed by Maestro and American Express
- E-wallets such as Skrill, PayPal and Neteller
- Prepaid cards like Paysafecard
- Cryptocurrency on selected sites, especially Bitcoin and Ethereum
Pros and Cons of Playing in European Casinos
To help you make your decision about where to gamble or whether you should gamble at all, we made a list of pros and cons.
- Online gambling is legalized in most European countries
- Plenty of regulatory bodies are accepted in Europe, which gives you access to many casinos
- European casinos have some of the best bonuses and biggest jackpots
- You’ll be spoilt with choice in terms of games and banking methods offered
- Not all websites are safe to use – you need to be very careful when choosing one
- Some sites have a very limited selection of games
- Is Gambling In European Online Casinos Popular With Players?
- Gambling in Europe is very popular. Nowadays, most countries have legalized some forms of it, so you have many choices for playing online.
- Are All EU Online Casinos Available To Players From Ireland?
- Irish players might be able to access many sites in Europe, but they should be cautious about where they gamble. You should always check the licenses to see if the casino is regulated and safe to use.
- Is It Safe For Me To Play In European Casinos From Ireland?
- Yes. If you choose a licensed casino that is frequently regulated for fairness and safety, you needn’t worry about anything. It is also legal to play in offshore casinos from Ireland.
- What Are My Options In Terms Of Devices To Gamble With?
- Top-rated European sites and most of the newer casinos are already optimized for mobile players. This means that you can gamble from desktop or play from your iOS or Android mobile or tablet.