New Online Casinos Ireland
If you haven’t been gambling in Ireland before or are unfamiliar with their rules and legislations, this can be confusing at first. There have been many changes throughout the years as a result of the country’s commitment to provide secure and regulated gambling to its residents. The most important thing to know is that Ireland has legalized offline (in a way) and online gambling at new online casinos and established ones. Every new casino that opens its doors, either physical or virtual, to players, has to be licensed and comply with IE laws to operate.
New Online Casino Ireland
What You Should Know about Gambling in Ireland
Gambling regulations first took place in the middle of the 1854 when the Betting Act was enacted. Before this, different forms of gambling were hardly overseen or regulated within the state. Gambling at casinos was actually prohibited in Ireland with the Gaming and Lotteries Act of 1956. At this point, the only loophole to this law were gambling clubs for members only, offering some casino games like poker, blackjack, and online slots.
Today, the number of such destinations, also known as mini-casinos goes up to 14. You have to be a member to participate in them. Since this doesn’t violate the Gaming and Lotteries Act, you can legally play if you are a member. If the Gambling Control Bill of 2013 is passed by Parliament soon, there will be up to 40 land-based casinos with 15 tables each, and the opportunity for them to expand online.
Because of such limited choices, most gamblers in Ireland choose to do this online – alongside the other perks of gambling remotely. Online gambling is legal in Ireland, so you can play in licensed and regulated domestic, as well as offshore websites.
Is It Safe to Gamble in New Casinos Ireland Today?
Recently, in 2018, the Irish Gambling Control Bill was introduced in this industry. There have been many updates to it ever since, all with the goal to monitor, control, and secure different types of gambling facilities, including the online casinos. The Office of Gambling Control Ireland is responsible for all this, as well as the protection of vulnerable groups and ensuring that all players get fair treatment.
Provided that you choose a legit and licensed website, even if it is a new online casino in Ireland, you shouldn’t worry about the safety and security.
How We Choose the Top-Rated Casino Sites in Ireland
- Security and Licensing Check
- For starters, we need to know that you’d be safe if you start gambling on the website. We check the ownership information, confirm the licensing, and check the used security methods.
- Banking Method Options
- Players need to have their choices when they deposit and withdraw. We always search for versatility in banking, but also for sites with no fees and fast processing.
- Game Developers and Games Offered
- Depending on how many games a casino offers – as well as their quality and who created them – you can have a good or bad experience. Our search is for sites with versatile choices for gamblers, all from popular software companies.
- Bonuses, Promotions, and Special Deals
- One of the best things about gambling on the Internet is that you can claim huge bonuses. From welcome to occasional to VIP perks, we’ll check everything about the websites and let you know.
- Support Service and Availability
- When you need to talk to someone regarding your withdrawals, an issue with the site, or simply to chat, you need to be able to reach them. We’ll only rate websites highly if they have a great support service.
The Difference Between Old and New Casino Sites
There’s no rule-of-thumb that says a new website is better than an old one, or an established site can offer you more than new websites. The truth is, this all depends on what the casino offers to its players, how it operates, and how fair it is.
There are a few main differences between these:
Old and established casino sites
- Tons of testimonials online to check
- Offers a plethora of games
- Can offer grand bonuses and promotions
- It can be hard to find reviews and testimonials
- Most new casinos need time to source games from many developers
- They’ll often have huge welcome bonuses, but they might not be able to shower you with other huge perks just yet
Popular Banking Options Found at New Casinos in Ireland
We’ve mentioned that the versatility in banking methods is important because it allows you to have more control over how you deposit and withdraw your money. In Ireland, a few methods are much more popular than others. These are:
- Credit and debit cards – especially Visa and MasterCard
- Cryptocurrency like Bitcoin and Ethereum
- E-wallets like PayPal, Skrill and Neteller – often the fastest withdrawal option available
- Prepaid cards like Paysafecard – but only for deposits
Licensing Bodies for Irish Gambling Websites
An online casino can be licensed by the Irish government to operate as a domestic real money gambling website. But, this doesn’t limit you to casinos that are Irish-based and licensed. You can now legally gamble at offshore casinos as long as they are regulated and licensed by reputable bodies. Some of the most recognized licensing bodies today are the Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission, and Curacao Gaming Commission.
Pros and Cons of Gambling at New Irish Casinos
Here are the pros and cons of gambling on new websites in Ireland these days.
- An opportunity to play the latest game releases
- Often offer huge welcome bonuses to attract more players
- Their websites are highly optimized for mobile gamblers
- You can’t read a lot about these casinos online i.e. you cannot check their reputation
- Most such sites don’t have a developed loyalty program or many regular perks – they are simply still working on attracting customers and revenue
- Your choice for games might be limited if they still haven’t agreed with many developers for games
Before you read a review of a casino on this website, you shouldn’t assume that all new sites will share these pros and cons. We’ve come across some really promising new IE websites with a huge range of games, many banking methods, and amazing bonuses for all players. Some even manage to build a big reputation almost instantly because of the great perks they offer.
- Can I gamble on my phone at new Irish casino websites?
- Yes. On most new casino websites, especially the high-rated ones on our website, you can play all games from your mobile. The majority of sites will be optimized at least for iOS and Android devices. Some might have apps to download, but most focus on instant browser play these days.
- Do any of these sites offer no deposit bonuses?
- Yes. New websites are more eager than others to attract players and start the right way. This is why they often give huge welcome promotions even if they don’t have loyalty programs or other perks just yet. These casinos might offer deposit or no deposit bonuses, but that depends on the particular site you’ll choose.
- What are the most popular games I can play at new casinos?
- There are thousands of choices for games at casinos in Ireland these days. The best games depend on your preference and budget. Generally speaking, most players enjoy gambling on video and progressive slot machines that can potentially win them millions, on live tables where they can enjoy immersive gambling, or test out different variants of popular table and card games.