Best Online Casino Ireland for 2023
Since online gambling was first legalized in the Republic of Ireland back in 2003, the online casino Ireland presence has exploded. Driven by public demand, Irish gamblers can now play in online casinos with generous bonuses.
The game variety of Irish online casinos is immense, and they emanate from the world’s top software developers. Sports betting is prevalent, and live-dealer gaming is taking off big time. Players are also turning to their mobile devices and enjoying online casino sites on the go. Check out the selection of Irish casino sites below.
Best Online Casinos, 20+ Casino Sites
Online Gambling in Ireland
Gambling is legal in Ireland. There are services in the country that regulate gambling. Casinos on land bring a lot of money to the state budget. On average, about 2 billion euros a year come from this area. At the same time, online casinos are more popular among players. Sites can be visited remotely, regardless of where the player is currently located. Among the advantages of online casinos, you can highlight an extensive list of games, bonuses, and support for numerous payment methods. Below, we will talk about the features of online casinos in Ireland.
Best Online Casino Ireland For Real Money
Below is the list of Irish online casinos we deem as the best online casinos for both new gambling enthusiasts and seasoned veterans Bear in mind that you should always read the full review to find out which one is the most suitable pick for you.
|#1||Wild Fortune||€100 + 100FS|
|#2||Play OjO||80 No Wager Spins|
|#3||20 Bet||€120 + 120FS|
|#4||Jackpot City||€1600 + 80FS|
|#5||Rocket||€333 + 50FS|
|#6||Genesis||€100 + 300FS|
|#8||Caxino||€200 + 100FS|
|#10||5Gringos||€500 + 100FS|
|#11||Conquestador||€2500 + 200FS|
|#13||Vegas Kings||€1000 + 200FS|
How We Rate Best Online Casino Sites
Our goal is to recommend legitimate online casinos in Ireland. To that end, we extensively test the casino sites and analyze relevant features that affect the quality of the user experience. Here is a short overview of our evaluation criteria.
It is perfectly legal to gamble at an Irish online casino providing the casino is licensed. The licenses that the Irish Government recognises include those issued by the Malta Gaming Authority, and the UK Gambling Commission. Licences from the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, and the Curacao eGaming agency are also recognised.
Amazing Bonus Deals
Top online casinos we recommend have generous promotions with reasonable playthrough terms and requirements. Players can get a big match on their initial payment, dozens of free spins, and they can use cashback features or other VIP perks through loyalty programs.
Selection of Casino Games
Quality casino sites in Ireland need to cater to different user groups. We love to see a diverse gaming repertoire that includes:
- Different types of slots
- Variations of table games (blackjack, baccarat, roulette, craps)
- Live dealer games and shows
- Video poker
- Mini-games and lottery (keno, bingo, scratch cards, Plinko, Aviator)
Effortless Registration Procedure
Another thing we test is the registration process. The best casino online Ireland has to offer has an easy to fill out sign-up forms that will take you a minute or two to complete. You aren’t required to share any sensitive information at this step.
Widely Accepted Payment Options
In order to be more accessible online casinos in Ireland should be compatible with the popular payment solutions. If you opt for our recommendations you’ll be able to make deposits and withdrawals via Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, ApplePay and other widely used digital banking methods.
Casino Standing in Ireland
We don’t make any suggestion solely on our personal experience, we also consult the online gambling Ireland community. Our team goes over the user forums to see if there are any negative reviews or feedback about online casinos in Ireland and we mention that in our reviews as well.
Safety and Customer Assistance
We consider Irish casinos to be safe if they use 128-bit SSL encryption. This means that all of the sensitive information you share with the operator is encrypted. It’s also important that you as a player feel safe, and that’s why customer support responsiveness is another relevant factor. We usually recommend websites with live chat features where you have to wait up to a few minutes to get in touch with customer support.
The best online casinos need to be mobile-friendly, or easy to navigate on a small screen. Some of the operators also have an app version, but it’s not necessary to download it, as playing through a browser on your phone feels identical.
Features of Modern Regulation of Online Gambling in Ireland
The country is developing legislation designed to create reliable regulation for the gambling sector. Law Reform Minister James Brown has drafted a new bill in this area.
According to the law, a state body regulating gambling will be created in the country. Its powers will include ensuring public safety and well-being in this direction. Gambling, in general, and related websites, ads, mobile applications, etc., will be subject to regulation.
The law provides a simplified and modern approach to gambling licensing in the country. Ireland currently has a fragmented licensing regime. Each game needs its license. This causes numerous bureaucratic issues for casino operators.
The new version of the law provides for the introduction of three gaming licenses. They will be valid for both land-based and online casinos or remote bookmakers:
- Licenses for gambling, sports betting, and lotteries for businesses and consumers.
- Business licenses.
- Licenses for gambling in charitable organizations.
Preparations are underway to launch a new bill. It will pave the way for the work of the Irish Gaming Regulatory Authority. According to preliminary data, it will be launched in 2023.
The most popular gambling business in Ireland is sports betting. Now the work of bookmakers is regulated by one organization, sweepstakes—by another. The country has one of the oldest gambling laws. The first law for bookmakers was adopted in 1931, and the first law for sweepstakes was adopted in 1929. In Ireland, only state bookmakers and sweepstakes can officially operate.
Also, in Ireland, lotteries are officially allowed. The list of permitted games includes some gambling. In particular, the following are allowed:
- Gambling in circuses, traveling shows, and carnivals;
- Games where illegal gambling is excluded (the chances of all players are equal, bets do not go to the banker, etc.)
The Most Popular Online Casino Games in Ireland
The most popular forms of gambling in Ireland are lotteries and scratchcards. Other favourite gambling activities include betting on horseracing, other forms of sport and bingo. But the best online casino sites in Ireland account for a considerable chunk of gambling too, with slots being very popular and the classic casino table games like blackjack, poker and roulette attracting Irish gamblers in their thousands too.
The top card/based gambling game in town.
- 5-Card Draw,
- 7-Card Stud,
- Caribbean Stud,
- Omaha Hi,
- Pai Gow,
- Texas Hold ’Em
Software: Mobzway Technologies, Tech Gropse, BR Softech, Abstract Softweb, Infocom Studios.
Winning hand of 21 points, comprising a 10 or Picture and an Ace.
- Atlantic City,
- Classic Gold,
- Perfect Pairs,
- Triple Sevens Vegas Strip
Software: Evolution Gaming, Extreme Live Gaming, Microgaming, and Playtech.
The Wheel of Fortune.
- Double Ball
Software: Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, NetEnt, Play;n GO, and Playtech
The card game played by James Bond.
- Baccarat High,
- Chemin de Fer,
- Pro Low,
- Punto Banco
Software: Evolution Gaming, and NetEnt. Other favourites include Craps, Bingo, and Keno.
The best online casinos will have a big selection of online slots from different software providers. Slots have significantly evolved over the years and have many sub-categories or defining features:
- Book of Dead – A standard or classic 5×3 grid slot with 10 winning lines
- Kluster Krystals Megaclusters – The grid is bigger and instead of lines winning combinations are formed in clusters.
- Gonzos Quest – It’s a cascade slot game. Here winning combinations cause symbols to disappear and change the board state, allowing for subsequent winning combinations to be formed.
- Judgment Day – Belongs to megaways casinos online slots so it features thousands of paylines
- Mega Moolah – A popular progressive jackpot game. There are other slots with a jackpot feature that keeps increasing until someone wins it.
- Money Train 4 (Bonus Buy category) – a recently released game packed with symbol interactions. Players can buy bonus rounds, and play with higher odds and bigger multipliers.
Best Irish Online Slots
KYC Verification for Gamblers from Ireland
Identity verification is a necessary procedure for new players of online casinos. The administration often conducts checks after the first application for withdrawing money. Irish online casinos have long abandoned manual verification of documents. Manual checks took too long. Players could not withdraw their winnings for several days. Using new modern identification methods has made the process much faster.
Implementing a KYC (know your customer) system is necessary for an online casino to obtain a license.
Such checks solve some problems:
- Preventing the spread of gambling among minors.
- Combat gambling abuse.
- Money laundering.
An Irish casino must immediately request a player’s ID. Checks must be arranged before the first replenishment of the account. Required information includes name, address, date of birth, and other details needed.
Irish Gamblers’ Convenient Online Casino Deposit Methods
The online casino Ireland network offers a wide selection of payment options for its Irish customers. The ones they tend to favour most are as follows:
- Credit Cards – Maestro, Mastercard, and Visa lead the way. Deposits are instant, but your card provider may charge you a small fee.
- Debit Cards – Mastercard Debit, Visa Debit, Visa Electron are the most popular choices. Your player account will be credited immediately. They are usually fee-free.
- Prepaid Card – The leaders in this niche are Paysafecard, Postepay, and Przelewy. The minimum amount you can deposit is €10, money is received in your account straight away, and they are fee-free.
- PayPal – The original eWallet, PayPal also has a minimum deposit of €10. The money will appear in your player account within seconds. If your PayPal account is held in a different country to your casino account, currency exchange rates will apply.
- Neteller – Neteller is a fast and secure only payment method that is fee-free and lands money in your casino player account instantly.
Steps To Make A Deposit
To fund your account with a bank card, follow these steps:
- Log in to the casino website using your username and password.
- Go to the “Wallet” section and select “Deposit”.
- Select “Bank cards” among the proposed methods list.
- Specify the payment method details and the replenishment amount.
- Follow further instructions on the screen.
In the “Wallet” section, you can find information about the current limits and commissions. Most Irish casinos offer customers the option to deposit with no fees.
Irish Gamblers’ Favourite Online Casino Withdrawal Methods
Gamblers in the Republic of Ireland always like to get their hands on the winnings from the Irish casino they use at the earliest opportunity, so they tend to be picky about which payment method they adopt. The favourites are as follows.
- eWallets – Neteller, PayPal and Skrill are the most popular eWallets used by Irish punters to make withdrawals. The minimum amount you can take out is normally set at €10, and once the casino has processed your payment request, you will receive your money within 0 to 24 hours.
- Credit and Debit Cards – Still a favourite with many players in Ireland and widely accepted by most online casinos. Withdrawal times are anywhere between 3 to 5 days, and your card provider may charge a fee.
- Cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin is the most used cryptocurrency. Not many casinos offer this payment method, but more are coming on board. Once the casino has processed your request, payment is immediate. The minimum withdrawal amount is €10.
How to Withdraw Winnings
Before requesting the first withdrawal, you must go through the verification procedure. To achieve this, scans of the necessary documents are sent to the administration for verification. Verification takes about two days. Often you can withdraw money in the same ways that funds are deposited. You can find a complete list of supported payment methods on the online casino website in the “Wallet” section.
To withdraw your winnings, you must:
- Log in to your account using your data. You should go to the “Promotions” section and ensure you have met the wagering requirements for active bonuses. Some casinos prohibit withdrawal before fulfilling the conditions; if the player violates this rule, the rewards are canceled.
- Go to the “Wallet” section and select “Withdraw”.
- Choose from the available payment methods the appropriate one. Indicate the number of a bank card, the number of an electronic or cryptocurrency wallet, etc.
- Enter the withdrawal amount.
- Submit the payment for processing.
In the “Withdrawal” section, you can find information on the timing of transactions, the size of the commission, etc.
Bonuses Offered by the Casino Online Ireland Network
Mention the words, bonus or promotion to an Irish punter and watch his or her eyes light up. They are a great way of lowering gaming costs and testing out new games and platforms for free. The types of bonuses a typical casino Ireland online provider offers include:
- Welcome Bonus Offers – Only available for new players when they first register with a gambling website, and can only be used once. These offers can carry bonus spins, deposit matches, and cashback offers.
- Free Spins Bonuses – Often attached to sign-up promotions. Once you register, your player account will be credited with free spins which you can then play against nominated slots. Free spins can also be issued as loyalty bonuses, reloads, and daily promos.
- No Deposit Bonuses – As these are free, they are very popular. They usually come with a small number of spins and are a genuine chance to win real money for nothing.
- Deposit Bonuses – This type of bonus normally comes with a generous quantity of spins or a lucrative match offer whereby the house matches the amount you deposit by between 50% and 300%. You can then use the matched money to play any games the platform offers.
- Reload Bonuses – are a way of rewarding loyal players to deposit more money and be awarded bonus spins or a % match. Only open to existing players.
- Daily Bonuses – are ongoing bonus spins promotions offered to regular, loyal gamblers who frequent the online casino’s platform. There are issued on a specific day of the week (or weekend) or at a certain time on a particular day.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Ireland Casino Gaming Experience
To ensure that playing at an Irish casino brings you a positive experience and maximum winnings, we advise you to read a few tips:
- Start the game with a demo. So, you will learn the slot without risking money.
- Take advantage of casino promotions. The most profitable offers are no deposit bonuses.
- Choose payment methods without commission.
Mobile Online Casinos in Ireland
All of the top rated online casinos are optimised for phones and tablets, but some operators provide a better mobile experience. A mobile online casino in Ireland allows you to use mobile payments (GooglePay, ApplePay etc.), and it may also have an app that you can download.
Another way the best casinos Ireland has to offer are optimized for mobile is through a comprehensive filter feature. This means you can expand the search bar and find specific games based on the software provider, type, minimum bet, bonus buy, etc.
The Pros and Cons of Casino Online Ireland
✅ Exciting and entertaining experience
⛔ High risk of overspending
✅ Comfortable and convenient to play online slots
⛔ Legal and regulatory issues
✅ Wide choice of casino games
⛔ Possible delay with accessing winnings
✅ Unique bonuses and promotions
- Are Irish Online Casinos Safe?
- Yes, generally they are. To be sure you should verify they are licensed by the Curacao eGaming agency, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, or the UK Gambling Commission.
- What Are Gambling Games Popular In Online Casinos In Ireland?
- The most popular gambling in Ireland is sports betting. Now the country has a state monopoly on bookmakers and sweepstakes. Locals also like to bet on horse races and dog races.
- Is There A Support Organisation For Irish Gamblers?
- There are several support agencies to help problem Irish gamblers. They include Gamblers Anonymous Ireland, Gamble Aware Ireland, and Problem Gambling Ireland. You can also check out help organisations that many Irish casino mobile platforms list at the bottom of their webpages such as Gamcare and GT (Gambling Therapy).
- What Are The Gambling Taxes In Ireland?
- In 2018, the gambling tax was increased from 2% to 25%. Legal gambling brings to the country's budget an average of about 2 billion euros annually.
- Why Is Playing At An Online Irish Casino Better Than Playing At Land-based?
- There are many reasons why playing an online platform is better than using a land-based casino. You get a bigger and better choice of games, you will be eligible for attractive bonuses and promotions, and it is far more convenient to play at home or on your mobile while on the move.
- Can I Use My Mobile Device To Play At An Irish Online Casino?
- Yes. All online casinos accessible to Irish players are fully optimised for mobiles either via browser or app.
- What Sort Of Bonuses Do Irish Online Casinos Offer?
- They offer a wide variety of bonuses and promotions including welcome offers, spins bonuses, no deposit bonuses, deposit bonuses, match deals, reload bonuses and daily promos.
- Do Online Irish Gambling Platforms Offer No Deposit Bonuses?
- Yes, but you have to search diligently. They appear from time to time. So keep checking. This website can help.