Finding Irish Casino Sites Available Online!
Since gambling on the Internet was first legalized in the Republic of Ireland back in 2003, the online casino Ireland presence has exploded. Driven by public demand, Irish gamblers now have the choice of playing on some of the best gambling sites in the world.
The game variety is immense, and they emanate from the top online game software developers on the planet. Sports betting is particularly popular, and live-dealer gaming is taking off big time. Players are also turning to their mobile devices and are enjoying gambling-on-the-go. The market has never been more vibrant.
Best Irish Online Casinos
The Casino Online Ireland Statistics Don’t Lie
With just under 5-million residents, the Republic of Ireland lies 26th in the EU country listing by population. When it comes to gambling, the total EU spend was estimated at €24.7-billion. Little Ireland alone accounted for some €9.8-billion of that amount, over 40% of the continent’s total. In other words, she punches well above her weight.
The Most Popular Games in the Irish Online Casino Scene
The most popular forms of gambling in Ireland are lotteries and scratchcards. Other favourite gambling activities include betting on horseracing, other forms of sport and bingo.
But the online casino Ireland brigade accounts for a considerable chunk of gambling too, with slots being very popular and the classic casino table games like blackjack, poker and roulette attracting Irish gamblers in their thousands too.
Gambling by Age Group in Ireland
Over the last 12 months, the age group that gambled the most was those between 55 and 64 years-old, who accounted for 72.4% of the total. The next most active age group was the 35 to 44 year-olds, being 70.5% of the total, with the 45 to 54 year-olds bringing up the rear on 69.4%.
Interestingly, it was the middle management senior civil servant sector, and the managers and owners of their own businesses who were the most likely punters to have gambled, making up 71.4% of the overall total. In terms of gambling online or by phone at an online Irish casino, 18 to 34-year-olds account for most activity at 5.7% of the overall total.
Most Popular Mobile Devices Used by Irish Players
New mobile devices are coming out thick and fast as technology is evolving so rapidly. But over the last 12 months, the most popular handhelds were:
- The Apple Phone 11 Pro
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus
- The Samsung Galaxy 20 Plus
- The Asus Zenfone 6
- The Asus ROG Phone 2
The №1 handheld device overall is the Nubia Red Magic 5G – great for gaming, but lower down the list in terms of other mobile phone features.
The Size of Ireland’s Online Gambling Sector
Because Irish Gaming Law doesn’t allow an onshore Irish casino online network to be established, 25 land-based casinos have been built. But to stay within the law, these venues are not described as casinos, but as private clubs. 20 of these “clubs” are located in Dublin.
The online gambling community in Ireland, which can legally access offshore online casinos that welcome players from Irelnd, is strong and growing all the time and the online gaming sector is valued at €230 million.
Being home based, these online bettors are spread across the country, but with concentrations of more highly populated towns and cities such as Dublin, Cork, Dundalk, Galway and Limerick.
The Most Popular Casino Games in Ireland
Irish gamblers enjoy a wide range of online gambling games, from video slots to classic casino table games. Each game or genre has many variants, developed by the world’s leading game design studios. Take a look at the table below.
- Video slots,
- 3D Slots,
- Fruit Machines,
- Progressive Jackpot Slots.
Software: BGT, IGT, Microgaming, NetEnt, Play’n GO.
The top card/based gambling game in town.
- 5-Card Draw,
- 7-Card Stud,
- Caribbean Stud,
- Omaha Hi,
- Pai Gow,
- Texas Hold ’Em
Software: Mobzway Technologies, Tech Gropse, BR Softech, Abstract Softweb, Infocom Studios.
Winning hand of 21 points, comprising a 10 or Picture and an Ace.
- Atlantic City,
- Classic Gold,
- Perfect Pairs,
- Triple Sevens Vegas Strip
Software: Evolution Gaming, Extreme Live Gaming, Microgaming, and Playtech.
The Wheel of Fortune.
- Double Ball
Software: Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, NetEnt, Play;n GO, and Playtech
The card game played by James Bond.
- Baccarat High,
- Chemin de Fer,
- Pro Low,
- Punto Banco
Software: Evolution Gaming, and NetEnt. Other favourites include Craps, Bingo, and Keno.
Irish Gamblers’ Favourite Deposit Methods
The online casino Ireland network offers a wide selection of payment options for its Irish customers. The ones they tend to favour most are as follows:
- Credit Cards – Maestro, Mastercard, and Visa lead the way. Deposits are instant, but your card provider may charge you a small fee.
- Debit Cards – Mastercard Debit, Visa Debit, Visa Electron are the most popular choices. Your player account will be credited immediately. They are usually fee-free.
- Prepaid Card – The leaders in this niche are Paysafecard, Postepay, and Przelewy. The minimum amount you can deposit is €10, money is received in your account straight away, and they are fee-free.
- PayPal – The original eWallet, PayPal also has a minimum deposit of €10. The money will appear in your player account within seconds. If your PayPal account is held in a different country to your casino account, currency exchange rates will apply.
- Neteller – Neteller is a fast and secure only payment method that is fee-free and lands money in your casino player account instantly.
Irish Gamblers’ Favourite Withdrawal Methods
Gamblers in the Republic of Ireland always like to get their hands on the winnings from the Irish casino they use at the earliest opportunity, so they tend to be picky about which payment method they adopt. The favourites are as follows.
- eWallets – Neteller, PayPal and Skrill are the most popular eWallets used by Irish punters to make withdrawals. The minimum amount you can take out is normally set at €10, and once the casino has processed your payment request, you will receive your money within 0 to 24 hours.
- Credit and Debit Cards – Still a favourite with many players in Ireland and widely accepted by most online casinos. Withdrawal times are anywhere between 3 to 5 days, and your card provider may charge a fee.
- Cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin is the most used cryptocurrency. Not many casinos offer this payment method, but more are coming on board. Once the casino has processed your request, payment is immediate. The minimum withdrawal amount is €10.
Bonuses Offered by the Casino Online Ireland Network
Mention the words, bonus or promotion to an Irish punter and watch his or her eyes light up. They are a great way of lowering gaming costs and testing out new games and platforms for free. The types of bonuses a typical casino Ireland online provider offers include:
- Welcome Bonus Offers – Only available for new players when they first register with a gambling website, and can only be used once. These offers can carry free spins, deposit matches, and cashback offers.
- Free Spins Bonuses – Often attached to sign-up promotions. Once you register, your player account will be credited with free spins which you can then play against nominated slots. Free spins can also be issued as loyalty bonuses, reloads, and daily promos.
- No Deposit Bonuses – As these are free, they are very popular. They usually come with a small number of free spins and are a genuine chance to win real money for nothing.
- Deposit Bonuses – This type of bonus normally comes with a generous quantity of free spins or a lucrative match offer whereby the house matches the amount you deposit by between 50% and 300%. You can then use the matched money to play any games the platform offers.
- Reload Bonuses are a way of rewarding loyal players to deposit more money and be awarded free spins or a % match. Only open to existing players.
- Daily Bonuses are ongoing free spins promotions offered to regular, loyal gamblers who frequent the online casino’s platform. There are issued on a specific day of the week (or weekend) or at a certain time on a particular day.
Online Gambling in Ireland is Perfectly Legal
It is perfectly legal to gamble at an Irish online casino providing the establishment is licensed. The licenses that the Irish Government recognises include those issued by the Malta Gaming Authority, and the UK Gambling Commission. Licences from the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, and the Curacao eGaming agency are also recognised.
Things to Check When Selecting an Online Casino in Ireland
Your main concern when choosing an Irish casino must always be your safety and security. But there are other things to take into consideration too, such as:
- Licensing – Ensure the platform is licensed by one of the approved agencies as discussed above under the “Online Gambling in Ireland is Perfectly Legal” heading.
- Bonuses and Promotions – They always sound attractive. However, they all have certain terms and conditions attached. Please make sure you fully understand them.
- Game Selection – It is said that variety is the spice of life. It is certainly true with online gaming. Ensure the platform you choose offers the full range of online games, including liver-dealer games.
- Software Developers – The best games are created by the best software developers. You can get more information about who they are here on our website.
- Banking Methods – Choose a banking method that allows you to both deposit and withdraw. Check out their payout processing times and what fees they might charge.
- Customer Support – Look for a platform that offers several ways to contact customer support, and that operates a 24/7 service.
- Reviews – Read casino and slots reviews and avoid any sites that are blacklisted.
- Terms and Conditions – Always read a casino’s terms and conditions carefully before registering. Pay particular attention to any wagering requirements and minimum, maximum deposit and payout restrictions.
Popular Irish Casinos
The Pros and Cons of Online Casinos
|The Advantages of Online Casinos||The Disadvantages of Online Casinos|
|It is exciting and entertaining.||Risk of bogus casinos and scams|
|It is comfortable and convenient.||Risk of overspending|
|You can play to a budget||Legal and regulatory issues|
|Wide choice of games||Delay with accessing winnings|
|Broad choice of bonuses and promotions|
|You can play for free|
|You can gamble anonymously|
- Are Irish online casinos safe?
- Yes, generally they are. To be sure you should verify they are licensed by the Curacao eGaming agency, the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, or the UK Gambling Commission.
- Is there a support organisation for Irish Gamblers?
- There are several support agencies to help problem Irish gamblers. They include Gamblers Anonymous Ireland, Gamble Aware Ireland, and Problem Gambling Ireland. You can also check out help organisations that many Irish casino mobile platforms list at the bottom of their webpages such as Gamcare and GT (Gambling Therapy).
- Why is playing at an online Irish casino better than playing at land-based?
- There are many reasons why playing an online platform is better than using a land-based casino. You get a bigger and better choice of games, you will be eligible for attractive bonuses and promotions, and it is far more convenient to play at home or on your mobile while on the move.
- Can I use my mobile device to play at an Irish online casino?
- Yes. All web-based gambling platforms accessible to Irish players are fully optimised for mobiles either via browser or app.
- Do online Irish gambling platforms offer no deposit bonuses?
- Yes, but you have to search diligently. They appear from time to time. So keep checking. This website can help.
- What sort of bonuses do Irish online casinos offer?
- They offer a wide variety of bonuses and promotions including welcome offers, free spins bonuses, no deposit bonuses, deposit bonuses, match deals, reload bonuses and daily promos.