New Betting Sites Ireland 2023
Since the passing of the Betting Act in 2015, online gambling has been officially legal in Ireland. Now that the online gambling industry is wide open for Irish operators, large companies have decided to enter the gambling market of Ireland.
The number of betting sites grows daily, with new casinos and sportsbooks joining the trend. Nevertheless, not all offer their players the same quality of gaming and conditions. This is why we decided to guide you – and show you which are the best new betting sites in Ireland.
New Irish Bookies
Reasons To Try New Irish Betting Sites
New betting sites always appear on the market, and some players prefer these over more established bookies. Some of the reasons to try new betting websites are:
- Better bonuses. To attract more players and build a reputation, these websites will offer the most inviting promotions. Their welcome bonuses are usually the most generous, and these sites are often known to offer no-deposit bonuses to convince you to test them out and get familiar with their betting options.
- Lower minimum odds on free bets. This is a busy market, so new betting sites will compete to get customers. This is why they often provide lucrative low minimum odds. They’ll also offer a big betting range of sports, as well as many betting options.
- Up-to-date banking options. The number of gambling banking options has increased a lot over the years. New sites have the latest and trending options for making deposits and withdrawals, and they usually offer a vast range of methods to choose from. Some of the more popular modern methods at betting sites in Ireland include cryptocurrencies, electronic wallets, and pay-by-phone.
- Modern apps. Mobile gaming is a big trend today. Since these sites were just established, their mobile apps use the latest technology and are highly optimized compared to some apps from older betting sites that can seem outdated.
Top Betting Sites For Irish Players
|Casino||Welcome Bonus||Pros Of Gambling||Cons Of Gambling|
|BetVictor||€40 in free bets||– live betting available – great horse racing options – clean website design – high-profile brand ambassadors||– website can sometimes load slowly|
|Leovegas||100% up to €400 with minimum €10 requirement||– great mobile optimization – excellent odds – many casino games available||– no software to download|
|888Sports||€88 free without a deposit||-many promotions for racing and football – 24/7 support service – great range of sports and markets – A BetFinder tool for horse race betting||– live streaming for horse racing only|
|William Hill||€40 welcome bonus||– worldwide recognized brand – football, tennis, horse racing, and NBA live streams – sports betting Android app||– not many banking options available|
|Mr. Green||€25 free bet||-many betting variations available – live betting as an option||– the welcome bonus is not very lucrative|
Stats Of The Most Popular Online Irish Betting Disciplines
Gambling has always been trending in Ireland, especially since the implementation of the Betting Act. Currently, Irish players can legally enjoy online casinos, daily fantasy, sports betting, online poker and lotteries.
Currently, there are over a thousand betting shops throughout the country but many players prefer to bet online because of the easy access and diverse odds. Gamblers in this country love betting on:
- Daily fantasy or esports – especially popular among Irish players these days.
- Football, including Gaelic football, the national Irish sport. This is a game that combines elements of soccer and rugby and has been played in Ireland for many years. In addition to their national football, Irish players are big fans of football and soccer played worldwide. This accounts for most of the bets made online.
- Rugby – Ireland has great rugby union team. They compete in the Guinness Pro 12 league and the national team reached the quarter finals in 6 out of 7 World Cups. As a result, Irish players love betting on rugby, especially live during these events.
- Horse racing – fans take great pride in the jokey Tony McCoy, an Irish horse racer. They love placing horse wagers – and have done so for a very long time now.
- Greyhound racing – in addition to betting on horses, Irish players also love placing wagers on greyhounds. The Irish Greyhound Derby is held annually and many fans are betting on the outcome of this race.
- MMA – not as popular as football or horse racing betting, but MMA is growing in popularity in Ireland. Today, many enjoy setting their wagers on MMA.
- Hurling, which is another Irish sport that’s been played for over 3000 years. It’s a fast-paced discipline with great popularity in Ireland.
Our Method For Choosing The Best New Betting Sites Ireland
Your security and the privacy of your personal information are the most important factors when choosing a new betting site. However, this is not all. You also need to know if the casino is safe, has good betting options and odds, etc. To find and rank the best sites, we’ll go through the following.
Compare Security and Check Licensing
For starters, we’ll check if the casino is licensed. Most sites hold a license from accredited institutions like the UK Gambling Commission, the Revenue Commissioners, the Department of Justice and Equality, etc. We look for this information on the website, and we also double-check online to confirm that the license number is valid.
Additionally, gambling sites should hold an SSL certificate. This is how they ensure that your personal data will be encrypted and kept safe. We’ll find this information on the site, too.
Check the Banking Methods Offered
There are plenty of options for making deposits and withdrawals these days. Players often look for more modern options such as electronic wallets and cryptocurrency. A good betting site will partner with secure banking providers and offer fast payout options, including:
- Credit and debit cards – still one of the most used banking methods for betting
- E-wallets like Neteller, Skrill, PayPal
- Bank transfers and online bank transfers
- Cryptocurrency payments
- Prepaid cards and pay-by-phone for deposits
To find the best sites, we’ll check the processing times and any related fees.
Check the Sport Disciplines Available on the Site
You should be able to find a solid choice of sport disciplines and games to bet on when you gamble online. New bookies often want to impress by offering a big selection of betting markets and many sports. Ideally, you are looking for a site that offers it all – football betting, rugby, horse racing, as well as trending leagues like the NBA and NFL.
Compare the Bet Variations
This is very important for players. A good bet is why they’d prefer one site over the other. We’ll check what bet variations are available to see if you have plenty of options on the sports market. This can include traditional bets, live betting, etc.
Check Bonuses and Terms
Bonuses and promotions are one of the best things about betting on sports online. We’ll check the bonuses offered on each site, as well as the terms and conditions attached to it – and tell you which offers are the most lucrative.
Most of the bookmakers will have a welcome bonus to convince you to play on their site. The best of them will continue to offer lucrative bonuses as a thank you for playing there.
Check and Evaluate Support
Problems can occur on any websites you bet on, even the best ones. You can experience delays in withdrawals, need to ask a question, etc. Either way, a good website will offer swift, good support. We look for sites with rich FAQ sections, a live chat feature, and support available around the clock.
Betting Tips for New Online Sports Betting Ireland
If you’re ready to do some betting in Ireland, take a look at our list of tips that can help you boost your odds.
Avoid Illegal Websites without a License
If a website doesn’t have a license, it’s probably a fraudulent site. These sites usually have the biggest and most attractive bonuses, but the outcome can be disastrous. You’ll hardly get your money, there will be no chance to complain about it, and even your personal information can be at risk. This is why our first and most important tip is to never, ever play on a site without a proper license.
Bet Only on Sports You Follow
There’s no chance to switch the odds when gambling, but if you want to have the highest chance of winning, bet on sports you understand. Follow different teams and matches to figure out who plays how. This will give you an advantage, and you can bet smarter based on the information you have.
Use the Bonuses and Special Offers
Online betting comes with the great perk of being able to claim bonuses and special offers. Use it – as long as the bonus has good terms, this can be a great opportunity to play for free, get some of your money back with a cashback bonus, or test a new site with a no-deposit promotion.
Keep Track of Your Spending
This is always important when you’re betting. Know what your bankroll is prior to opening the betting site and keep track of your spending. Don’t chase losses and bet more than you can afford. This is a means of entertainment, not a source of income.
Activate Responsible Gambling Notifications
If you feel like you are betting more than you can afford or getting too much into this, there are great responsible gambling programs available in Ireland. You can activate notifications, join programs, or opt-in from gambling sites if you see that you have a problem.
- Is It Safe To Play On New Betting Sites In Ireland?
- You must check if the new website holds a proper license from a legit regulatory body. If it does, this means that the website is safe to use.
- How Can I Find The License Of A New Betting Website?
- Look at the bottom of the page – the license number and information is usually presented here. If not, you can check the About us page. If the license isn’t clearly stated on the site, you’re probably looking at a website without a license.
- Will I Find Better Odds With New Bookies?
- It depends. Most new bookies will try to attract more players with better bonuses and odds. However, the odds can differ depending on where you bet, so check your options all around before you place your wagers.